Monday, February 3, 2014

Thoughts on Raul Cuero PhD

It is amazing to me whenever I hear a story about someone triumphing over diversity, and taking a hard background and using it to become something better. One of the most interesting things that Dr. Cuero said during this interview was that while in collage everyone told him he was wrong, that he did not speak well enough, that he did not dress the right way, ect. Instead of giving up or getting mad he took these insults in stride, and used them to better himself. I think that is an amazing quality for any person to have. The ability to not react negatively when negativity is thrust upon you is an amazing thing. I also like his idea that because he came from having nothing he was forced by nature to become a creative thinker, and that children now growing up with technology, not interacting with nature as much are less creative. I have to say I strongly agree with this as a child who was outside from the moment I woke up until dinner time. It amazes me when I see children under 15 with a cell phone in there hand, and not just any old flip phone, these kids have $400.00 iPhones. I can't imagine what they could really need that for especially at an age where if they didn't have the phone they could be entreating themselves with sticks and mud. Using there creativity to create a fort or imaginary land, but those ideas will never develop for the kids with lots of technology because they have no need for them, and thats sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment