Monday, February 3, 2014

Oculus Rift

For me, an avid movie watcher I find the idea of the oculus very interesting. I can only imagine the level of emotion you would get from the experience of being immersed in a film. On the one hand I think it would be an incredible journey and could remaster the way we watch film or play games. On the other hand I wonder if it would on some levels take away from my cinematic experience. Part of the reason I love watching movies, at home or at a theater, is to enjoy them with friends or family. Being able to share popcorn, whisper about what I think will happen next, or ask a question when I am totally lost is one of the things I enjoy most. I think it would be an interesting experience to be sitting next to someone, both of you with screens over your eyes, I think I would feel very disconnected from the person I was sharing the film with.

No comments:

Post a Comment